Sunday 28 November 2010

Stage Set Up

These are my initial plans developing towards the set up I will have on stage for the event.

Initially I came up with the Idea that I want the character Fixer to be represented onstage, so I created a basic vector Image of a proportion of his face. I then played about with shapes around it. I came up with the Idea that I want the shapes to be lights and the lights would change with music tempo throughout the event. I thought the vector image of Fixer was quite eerie, which I liked, it looks almost demoniac.

I then added silhouette screens for dancers to be behind, they would also change colour with light, in sequence with the rest of the lights. 


I decided to go with simple square silhouette screens instead of the other two shapes I first opted for. I also added light behind the DJ, which would change in sequence and colour with the other lighhts on stage. I wanted the light to come from behind the DJ so only the  silhouette again can be seen. Here are a few light colour variations that could be used.



I am quite happy with the initial stage set design, more will be added and subtracted but I like my initial direction with it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment